Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
How DARE you post this on here! I'm so jealous. I wish US Ford has the balls to market these Falcons here. Dump the Taurus badge and bring back the Falcon!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Man, what a little monster! Why is it Aussies have all the coolest cars.
At least GM tried to bring some of those awesome down under cars in to our country. The Holden Monaro, badged the GTO here, LS-2's tuned to 400+hp, fully independent rear suspension, will take or at least stay with anything made here, but, they didn;t "take" at all.
To Cavalierish looking maybe, but, that Falcon, I'd order one right now!
And there's the G-8, i think its simply a Holden Commodore, another down under creation

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Man, what a little monster! Why is it Aussies have all the coolest cars.
At least GM tried to bring some of those awesome down under cars in to our country. The Holden Monaro, badged the GTO here, LS-2's tuned to 400+hp, fully independent rear suspension, will take or at least stay with anything made here, but, they didn;t "take" at all.
To Cavalierish looking maybe, but, that Falcon, I'd order one right now!
And there's the G-8, i think its simply a Holden Commodore, another down under creation
Roger, you may have hit the nail on the head, the GM cars didn't take.

Even with the success of the new breed of pony cars, we're not the car crazy culture that we used to be.

Now, too many think it's more fun to play video games rather than wash and wax a car. And, with the price of gas, cruyising just for fun gets expensive for today's youth.

I read somewhere that some dragstrips in Ca are closing down.

Consider that Ca was once THE crazy state for carnuts.

Too bad.

·
Registered
248 Posts
awesome, would love to have one of them or a ute of the same style.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Roger, you may have hit the nail on the head, the GM cars didn't take.

Even with the success of the new breed of pony cars, we're not the car crazy culture that we used to be.

Now, too many think it's more fun to play video games rather than wash and wax a car. And, with the price of gas, cruyising just for fun gets expensive for today's youth.

I read somewhere that some dragstrips in Ca are closing down.

Consider that Ca was once THE crazy state for carnuts.

Too bad.
We did loose two strips locally for a short time but they're both back up and running again. We're also gaining one by Pomona hosting an NMRA event this later this year and not just NHRA stuff.

California is still the car mecca it's always been and I'm not seeing that change any time soon! :tup:

John

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
We did loose two strips locally for a short time but they're both back up and running again. We're also gaining one by Pomona hosting an NMRA event this later this year and not just NHRA stuff.

California is still the car mecca it's always been and I'm not seeing that change any time soon! :tup:

John
I've always envied you guys in Ca.

In Jersey, my old car goes into hibernation in the winter. With clear roads and sunny days, I'll try to take her out once per week even in January.

Even in my early 1960's cruising days, winter cruising down the main drag without any scenery to look at was no fun.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I wish Ford would have brought us those 5.4 Aussie built engines. Those would have been great in a mustang. Instead we got 300hp 4.6 3 valves. It took until 2011 to get a decent non supercharged V8.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
awesome, would love to have one of them or a ute of the same style.
You see a lot more of the (FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES) utes than sedans around same with GMH (HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLES) utes with our tax system the tradies can claim them and the fuel so what tradie wouldn't own a high performance V8.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.