Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt a C5 and installed a C4 valve body with a Trans-go 40-2 kit and a H servo. I'm also using Mobil 1 5w20 oil in it. This is in a 88 Tbird 2.3 turbo with over 300 hp and around 2800 stall. The kickdown is not connected.

When you step on it about half throttle it will downshift to 1st gear. There is oil drops at the modulator when I pull the vac hose off also. Where should I start to fix this?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Why are you not using ATF?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
If you have oil in the vmod hose, the diaphragm in the vmod is leaking. Replace it.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
On 2006-06-04 22:23, pbrown wrote:
Why are you not using ATF?
Because you don't need to run ATF. Lots of pople are switching to M1 in their trans and finding it an improvment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I made a stupid mistake. The kickdown lever was not located properly on the spool. I guess I was not thinking when I installed the valve body. It is working fine now.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well, ckelly, what kind of mileage do they be getting out of those trannies running 5/20 dino oil? I've heard of applications useing it but never though to imagine about the bonuses and or longevity of tranny and or fluid, like miles between changes, total driveability averages, tranny lifespans Etc...

Where can I find a source on it?

FE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts