Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Does anybody have a recommendation for a good auto transport company? Don't need an enclosed trailer. Tractor trailer style OK. Needs to ship from Sparks, NV to Toledo, Ohio.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Mike,

I went through Dependable auto Transport, and they subcontracted it to E Transport to bring my Falcon from New Jersey to Indiana.

I think that it was even contracted to another guy from there even?

It wasn't a smooth transaction, the 1st rep I worked with gave me some bad info regarding call times, pick up times and delivery times. The 2nd guy I finally got to was much better.

And the driver kept me informed once I had his number and he had picked up the car. From pick up and delivery it was just over 24 hrs, but it was a few days late due to not being picked up on time.

My buddy that told me about them, used them in shipping his Cuda from Las Vegas. It took over a month to get the car, because of not many auto shippers going through that area, or so he was told.

He paid approx $600 about 6 months ago, Vegas to Indy ( He ended up driving to Chicago to get it ). I paid $475 two months ago, New Jersey to Indy to my door.

Make sure the car runs, and is road worthy. Fresh gas, no more then half tank and a good battery.

No damage to my car, my buddies cuda had a tweaked hood after they had to open it to jumpstart the car. Goofy Mopar hood springs.

Hope that helps.

Jet

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had good luck with A-1 Auto Transport (800) 452-2880. Used them last year from Florida to California and they were definitely on the more reasonable end. No damages or problems. I've heard decent things about dependable, but can't say I've heard of the one in the original post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts