Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 67' mustang with the 200 ci I6. I'm new to this deal and the person that had this car before me wasn't the sharpest knife in the block as far as I can tell....The best I can tell the carb is an autolite 1100. The ID tag is gone, the carb is a one barrel with only one diaphragm pump(on the drivers side) the float is a rectagular relatively small brass float. The carb is auto choke.....I don't know how better to explain it. The question is; am i correct in my id of this carb, and if so where can i get obsure parts for it that don't come in a rebuild kit (like the "vent valve rod&quot
..... Any tips or informaion on this topic would be helpful and appriciated.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The stock carb for a '67 200 CID Mustang is indeed an Autolite 1100. Stu

·
Registered
76 Posts
http://www.swapsupply.biz/Carburetor%20Components/ford1barrel.pdf

You can call these guys and they will sell you all those obscure parts. My vent valve rod is missing too, so I'm going to be ordering from them. Going to order a new float too, 'cause mine's old and I don't know if it's punctured anywhere. Also, new power valve assembly. I gotta get my pump working real well, too. Good luck. Their number is on the bottom of the first page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://www.swapsupply.biz/Carburetor%20Components/ford1barrel.pdf

You can call these guys and they will sell you all those obscure parts. My vent valve rod is missing too, so I'm going to be ordering from them. Going to order a new float too, 'cause mine's old and I don't know if it's punctured anywhere. Also, new power valve assembly. I gotta get my pump working real well, too. Good luck. Their number is on the bottom of the first page.
The valve vent rod is available at Champion Mustang. Here's a direct link.
Search Results : Champion Mustang, Online shopping for Exterior & Interior Parts, Accessories, Air Conditioning, Resto-Mod & more

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
... Going to order a new float too, 'cause mine's old and I don't know if it's punctured anywhere.
Put really hot tap water into a bowl and lower your room temperature float (with pliers) into the water. If there are any pinholes, you will see a little stream of bubbles as the air inside expands with the heat. Do not just leave it in the water, as when it equalizes temperature and then begins to cool, it will then suck water back into the pinholes.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts