Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased an Autolite 4100 and did a rebuild on it. I am planning on replacing the current Motorcraft 2150, which is sitting on the Edelbrock Performer (There is a 1 '' thick reducer plate currently on the intake, which centered the carb). The current 4100 does not have the kickdown rod attachment on it. The 2150 does, I have attached photos.

So my question: Does anyone have a 4100 with the Kickdown linkage, and can I add it to the 4100 I have? I can tear the bottom half down still to add it. Has anyone done this?

Will the 2150 linkage fit on the 4100? The basic rod/throttle linkage is close, but not the same. I am assuming the same stop for my Dashpot would engage the adjustment screw on the kickdown linkage. I actually took the dashpot and put it on the 2150, and it lines up pretty close.

Thanks for any answers in advance!

2150 Throttle Linkage View.JPG

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't know... but you could take it apart and see if it will fit.

You will need (at minimum) the throttle shaft butterfly screws.

The originals will likely become ruined when you take them out.
They are staked in place. (potential for carnage!!!)

Parts here...

Autolite 4100 Carburetor Hardware Kit

... and/or ask him if he's done this before.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
if the downshifr bracket is a tight fit, get that angle grinder out. Or maybe attach it to the outside of the throttle bracket?

OP, such a clean carb! Here is mine

Attachments

·
Registered
63 convertable
651 Posts
do you have a c6? the origional kickdown was mounted behind the carb at the rear of the manifold

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if the downshifr bracket is a tight fit, get that angle grinder out. Or maybe attach it to the outside of the throttle bracket?

OP, such a clean carb! Here is mine
I soaked it in Pine Sol for 18 hours, with a little bit of brushing, it cam out like new.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
A, where does that front spring on your 2150 go?

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A, where does that front spring on your 2150 go?
To a small bracket attached to the intake. It seems to be a bubba job, funny, this guy had a shop that did most of the work, I have a ton of receipts, but they did crap work. Everything seems to be jacked up or a little off on all the extra work they added.

·
Registered
63 convertable
651 Posts
in previous posts you listed the trans as com. if so i think your linkage should look like this. my fsm doesn't address the 63.5 models
20200605_085247.jpg

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My vehicle does not have the original drive train in it. It has a D1ZM-6015-AA Ford 302 block from 1971, and a D4AP-7006-AA 3-speed FMX Transmission from 1974. So it has the newer rod style linkage, sorry, i should have been more clear.

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gotchya. so throttle shaft swap
Went to Rod's Carburetors in Phoenix, they were super helpful. Pulled the throttle rod from another 4100 with the kickdown linkage. It is virtually identical to the rod and linkage on my 2150. Just as an FYI. I got a few other small parts, and out the door for $25. I will post as soon as i get it cleaned up and installed. Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
63 convertable
651 Posts
hope you got new screws,also note that the throttle plates have an up, and down side. once the plates are in, back off the idle speed screw and tap the plates with a screwdriver handle to settle them in the bore before tightening the screws. then stake the screws so your engine doesn't swallow one

1 - 20 of 45 Posts