Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do they get these guys from. went there to get new cam followers so i can install a new cam the pinto and i evan described the followers as rocker arms to them and they still didn't evan know how to look them up. i know better but they are close to my house.

there i feel better now

·
Registered
148 Posts
One things for sure you don't have to be a MIT grad to work there. Went in to get a starter for my FE powered pinto and they insisted on checking the computor even though I had the part number. Were completely lost when the computor didn't show a 390 in a 71 Pinto. Finally had to give them my pick-up info just to get it. She swore it wouldn't fit and I had to assure her it would be alright, not to worry. Have to deal with idiots anywhere you go anymore.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The autozone store near where I live is great. the peopl ethere know their stuff and I can always find what I am looking for. They are also interented in your project, which I think is nice.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
We dont have autozone here. It's called Lordco, and when I walk in, they have the Fairlane books and Cougar books ready, coffee poured, and awesome service. And I always bug the new guy giving him hard to find parts and watch him go nuts.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Here they just play Mexican music on the car stereo area and don't know anything unless you give them a year/make/model/engine to put in their computer even if you have the part #. I say '68 Falcon and they ask "what make?... Ford, Chevy, or Dodge". Same with my '88 GT. I had to tell them FORD and I told them in a very annoyed manner. That pisses me off. Sometimes, the stupid f#%!s can't even speak english and I have to wait to talk to someone who does. This state sucks ****! On another note, Pep Boys and Checker seem to be much better and they are not allowed to play Mexican music and they have to speak english. I buy mostly out of state now but when I really need something now, Pep Boys and Napa are my main places.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i am soooo thankful that i'm not smart enough to go into autozone and need to deal with this stuff
hehe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes the Autozones here in Pensacola suck very bad.. About the only thing that may drawl someone who knows cars there is the larger selection of cleaning products than some of the other parts stores.

My friends and I all go to either Advanced Auto parts and talk to the only two people there that actually know there stuff, or go to the local speed shop.

I HATE AUTOZONE.. That's just my opinion and I've been known to be wrong..

·
Registered
672 Posts
The Autozone in my area is pretty good, the guys know their stuff. I mostly go there to buy cleaning products though. But every now and then I have to buy a gasket or a hose.

I don't go to Loper's here in Mesa, they are expensive. If I need something, I order it from Jeg's and overnight it if I really need it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You are lucky Rod N Az.. in Central Phoenix, the Autozone workers do not even speak English. Looks like I have to move to Scottsdale or Chandler.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah, the Autozone in my area sucks too. When I used to go in there, I finally got feed up with them not being able to find things, so I'd just take the keyboard away from them and look it up myself! Never had a problem finding it myself.
Now I go to Advanced Auto Parts. I only go in there when this certain guy is working. He's a car guy and has a hotrod Camaro. He's not the typ. chevy owner though, he appreciates all hotrods. He knows quite a bit too. I'll go in there for something and be in there for an hour or two talkin and helping eachother out with problems on our cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I had a part-time job working at the Zone. I just worked there for the extra $$$'s, and I was there for like 2 years and we went through about 2 dozen managers and countless counter help. Some managers just wanted living, breathing bodies at the counter, and others want good knowledgable help. I saw both scenarioes, I finally got sick and tired of the BS and the final straw was when they took our 20% discount away on special order parts, you know the stuff that is in the books behind the counter with an inch or so of dust on them, and not on the computer. When the discount disappeared so did I. Now we have a decent speed shop, (Bier Brothers Performance Center... plug...plug...) so who needs the Zone.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Autozone may suck, but in my area they have Pepboys beat hands down. But amazingly enough at both stores common parts for my 71 mustang (i.e. master cylinder, tie rod ends etc..) have suddenly become special order parts available only through the warehouse.
Now I don't mind ordering parts through a catalog, but at stores that advertise that they have thousands of parts in stock, except what I need, kind of pisses you off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts