Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made 4 passes today and all of them were in the 12`s, I even missed 4th gear on one pass and ran a 12.88.

best 12.667 @ 110.81

And you know what was really cool, they moved me into the pro class after the second pass, so here I am surrounded by a sea of cars in the low 12`s running slicks and big carbs and hot automatic trannys, and all I did was let a little air out of my tires when I got there. WOW what a good feeling.

Ron 1 was there in his beast, they were trying out a new torque convertor so he wasnt runnign any juice, unfortuneatly he thinks he might have blew a head gasket so his day did not go as planned, hope he gets that sorted out soon, that stang truely is nasty.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I am very impressed. That is as fast as some of the guys who trailer their cars there. When is the dyno day?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very impressive day for Nastystang. We pitted next to each other, and I remember him saying before the day started that he would be elated just to get a 12 second run. Did that and more....a 12.66..and a chirp from the tires in all gears. Looking forward to seeing a run on some slicks.

Ron

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congratulations Nasty. How were your 60ft times? Have any problems with wheel spin? She ought to drop down good with a set of slicks. Are you gonna try a set out?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 60` were in the 2.0 - 2.1 range, my best was a 1.998, but I missed a shift on that pass so it would be easy to say that could have been a 12:50 something maybe, but we will never know, as far as how I leave, I basicly let the clutch out then give it the throttle, that kinda bogs the motor and keeps me from spinning the tires to much, if I give it the juice and let out the clutch it will spin. I have accomplished all the goals I have set. #1 get some aluminum heads, #2 get in the 12`s. Now that I have seen the 12`s I will invest in some drag radials.

I would like the thank Ron1 for helping me, he has offered his experience and knowledge to me, and Vernon Pitts for helping me put together one badass stang, he helped me make the right decisions, even though it hurt when I had to cough up the green backs, but I will not have to do anything over, that is what counts.

Oh ya I finally get to update the sig. woo-hoo

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to Woodburn again and bested my best already

12.58 @ 111.2 in the heat

This is incredible, I have to get to the dyno and see what this thing is really capable of.

These numbers are unexpected, better than I could have hoped for. Again thanks to all who have helped, directly or indirectly.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hoping you would be there Dragman, maybe next time. I had another great day, 12.60`s on 4 passes.
Let me know when you are planning to go again, I have to work the next several weekends, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yea, maybe you could put a "Offical Nasty TuneUp" TM on my car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts