Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.

Brings up another question.. He has .580 (@ valve) lift cams in his car and says he has no vacum for the brakes. He is also running a single plane intake. Should I be ok with a dual plane?

·
Registered
977 Posts
SORRY TO HEAR THAT..
(.. he only has bruising , a broken arm and broken ankle...other than that he is fine. the main framework for the interior space was totally intact and the airbag deployed. )
Did the wreck cause all the injuries or you..KIDDING OF COURSE. Wish ya'll well..

·
Registered
336 Posts
A Mustang GT being destroyed REALLY shakes me up...................

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ok..

·
Registered
830 Posts
regarding your other question, the intake really won't make a difference with the vacuum.. I would try a vacuum reservior with a check valve going to the engine. when you're off the throttle, it'll recharge the res. The other option is to get an electric vacuum pump. you can find these new, or in junkyard off of late model cars...

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
sorry, very sorry to hear of your 06 bitin the dust... one of my favorite cars ever, almost took mine out tonight as rain washed the salt off the roads...

I liked mine so much the day after the '10 reveal ordered a identical 09 gt stick as a backup, its almost paid for now, still never been on the road, 4.8 miles on the clock... hope the 06 outlasts me, but if not, got a rewind button just sitting there. something about that growling V8, rowin thru the gears...the 06 Ive had over 7 yrs already, still as much fun as the day I picked it up- ford really did a wonderful job on these cars...my wifes got one too (07) but hers is a auto/v6, she enjoys it as much as I do mine...even the old cologne V6 is pretty nimble for a 6, she likes it. Sorry to hear of one of these wrecked, truly great cars...hope they find you a suitable replacement :(

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 35 Posts