Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding a few repop parts for my 69 mach 1. I have a 4spd toploader with the hurst shifter. It had the backup light switch which is now gone for some reason. Must have got lost when I had tranny rebuilt. I remember a few companies had a repop of the switch but I can't seem to find it again. I thought paddock had them but I don't see it there anymore.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Presume you are talking of the genuine Ford shifter made with the removable lever by Hurst in 1970.

Does your shifter still have the bracket which hung to the rear of the shifter?

This being the one which held the switch in line with the reverse lever.

Wm.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It still have the bracket, and I don't think its the ford/hurst compromised shifters like in 70. Everything says hurst on it and its probably from the 80-90's. I used to have backup lights when I first got the car. I see the switch for the 65-68's and 71up. But the connection is wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought one of the hurst switches for mine. I have an older shifter probably not the original and the lever is not removable. I had to modify the switch by putting a nut on the end of the plunger. Works just fine. Don't know if that helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drksuroo on 10/27/06 11:48am ]</font>

·
Registered
134 Posts
check with mustangs unlimited. they should have it.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the switch on summit. Since I have the hurst shifter, It needs the hurst switch. They have the bracket and switch for 25 bucks. All I need to do is wire it together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was your transmission built in the shop? Part of a rebuild on anything is that it comes back in better condition, with all of the original parts. Tell them that when you got your tranny back, your backup lights didn't work. Unless you pulled the tranny for them, then I got nothin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts