Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started off like any hot summer day a the racetrack. The car was consistant, 6.451, 6.444, 6.440. My lights were mediocre, .522, .515, .525. The air was rotten 4400 ft corrected altitude. Then they called us up for one last time trial. I went up with the box set to shoot for a perfect light. The car moved about a foot or so, then it freewheeled the motor, the rear u-joint broke. The motor bounced off the 8k chip in the rev limiter for what seemed like an eternity till I got it shut off, and the driveshaft still atached to the trans was swinging around wildly under the car. So much so, it actually tore itself in 2 from banging on the rear loop that is part of the ladderbar crossmember. Bad thing is, it also bent my track locator.
What a rotten day at the track. Now I have to spend lots of money upgrading peices to keep this from happening again.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mediocre lights........You kill me.

I would consider that day a great day.
Not only did you get to go fast, and cut killer lights, but something broke, (you found a weak spot), and you can upgrade so it doesn't happen again! Big plus!

Like Greg said.......fix it, and get back to racin!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2002-06-02 18:43, drag79stang wrote:
Mediocre lights........You kill me.
I'm delay box racing now so those lights arent that good. I like to be in the low teens and high "ohs". I feel I'm a better bottom bulb racer, but the return for the money spent is greater top bulbin. So I race where the money is better, and that's with the box in the car.

I will upgrade, it's gonna get an aluminum shaft now and a better slip yoke too. All with 1350 joints. I mght alos look into getting a chrome moly track locator. I do need a new one, but depending on how much more a "moly" on will cost, will dictate what I buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts