Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my crane shaft rockers last week, yee-haw. for my 408 with vic jr heads. problem is that it comes with a set up rocker you use to get correct geometry. well if i set it up with the tool the roller is way on the inboard side all the way thru the lift. now i can get a nice narrow centered pattern on the valve, but according to the tool its like .200 off. have to call crane tech next week. hoping someones done this before.

thanks, tony

·
Registered
45 Posts
Push rod length or valve lash caps are the only way i know to adjust the geometry.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with the shaft rockers. you set the geometry with lash caps , longer valves, shimming the rocker stands or milling the rocker pad on the head itself. once that is set up right, then you measure for pushrod length. i can get a real nice pattern on the valve stem, but it doesnt jive with the checking rocker they have in the kit. if i set it up with the set up tool in the kit the roller is more than 3/4 off the valve tip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
talked to crane tech guys today. they said to throw away the checking rocker and set it up with the best pattern on the valve stem duh! thats what i get for reading directions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts