Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 88 t-bird . the guy that i bought the car off of put a 302 in. i seem to think that he put the harmonic balncer on it .. i was just woundering if there was an engine code that i can tell what year the motor is .. i know that the motor is not a roller motor cause when i went to put a cam in the motor it had a hydolic cam in it and i have a rollor motor here and they look differant under the intake..

also my buddies play a lill joke on me and put like 3 gallons of deisale fuel in my car will that hurt any thing as of right now the car does not want to run and it smokes reall bad..

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Get the diesel out, as it has no octane and could cause engine damage. Also a roller 5.0 is still a hyd cam it just uses roller lifters instead of the flat tappets normally seen.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
keep in mind in 81 ford went from the 28 oz imbalance to the 50 oz imbalance the #s your looking for are right above your starter and will say C8 (68 D8 (78 E8 (88 the balancer numbers will start out the same as well and should match the block number as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mustang42782 on 11/21/06 12:15pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mustang42782 on 11/21/06 12:16pm ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts