Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boss 302, this is a local car in the town I grew up in, my buddy I got my stang from owns about 45 pre 1968 mustang among a chevelle, and a CJ429 1969 Mach 1 Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Family car Metal Lawn Yard Grass Backyard Garden

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny story on the boss, the lady that owns it got it in the divorce, her dumb ass ex-husband held it to the wood till the engine blew up, the motor is out of it and is all there and repairable, she doesn't have the funds to restore the car, but wont sell it....my buddy has the car and pulled the motor to get it rebuilt but she hasn't paid him for working on it so he stuck it in the back of this shed hoping one day she will give up on it, I helped him pour some concrete this morning and snap that picture of it... There are 3 pole barns here stacked full of mustangs....most of the are fastbacks, my car came from him, and since we have been friends since grade school, I was able to buy it from him, he has never sold another car to anyone else, I get back over there I'll take some more pictures

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You wouldn't believe it even if you seen it, the whole 1st floor of his house is a garage....plus three pole barns.....we are both 34yrs old and he was buying cars since about 10th grade. His family owns a repair shop and body shop....I'll get more pictures

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
we are both 34yrs old and he was buying cars since about 10th grade. His family owns a repair shop and body shop....I'll get more pictures
Its GREAT to hear someone that young with enough SENSE to "save" cars. Most ppl dont "look ahead" far enough, its always "I should have"......

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Its GREAT to hear someone that young with enough SENSE to "save" cars. Most ppl dont "look ahead" far enough, its always "I should have"......
I agree. stupid me threw away the original interior from my 69 fastback(mint, nowhere to store when I put the mach1 interior in) scrapped a 69 camaro that looking back was way better than a lot ive seen rebuilt, scrapped my 71 elcamino...gave away a shaker assembly for a torino, a couple cars I didnt have time for... 20 yrs old, no garage/space.

later on, built onto the garage (3 car+1 bay for workshop), later yet moved into another place with a 3 car, added a 40x40...now Ive got garage space, collected so many car/machine parts cant hardly work in it...one extreme to the other.

your post reminded my of a song lyric I really like
"theres always 'should-haves' where I'm going,
theres always 'could-haves' where I've been..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts