Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my cam today, finally, and I've got some final questions that I could use some help on. I think they're actually pretty stupid questions, but hey, I fit the bill:

1) If I run a cam ground for a 302 in a 351, do I have to change the firing order?
2) If two cams are ground with the same LSA, but on a different centerline, can the difference just be made up by advancing/retarding the cam?
3) Does anyone know how long of pushrods are needed for a 351 running a hydraulic roller cam with the crane lock-link lifers? Is this affected by the cam lift?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There are no stupid questions but it is stupid not to ask You will set the intake centerline when you install the cam setting at the timing marks puts the cam at the manufacture's centerline {max lift at ** degrees BTDC} (this is usually really +4)advancing or retarding will move the point at which this occurs correct push rods could take some time best is to get an adjustable and order a set for this engine many variables How much mill from heads,block,how deep the valves are in the heads' stem height

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxfire on 7/24/03 2:38pm ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts