Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone w/ a fastback done the battery relocate? I've got the Taylor kit and darn if their box is big. I can barely get it in w/o the truck lid hinges hitting it. I'm thinking i might have to cut down the box as once it's in i can't take off the top b/c the hinges are in the way. Anyone have any pic's?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I have the moroso kit, and the hinges interfere with the lid some. I can still get it on and off without to much trouble though. I just takes some finess to get it of and on. I don't have any pics at hand, but i'll try to get some.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2006-09-11 07:22, smokey212 wrote:
I have the moroso kit, and the hinges interfere with the lid some. I can still get it on and off without to much trouble though. I just takes some finess to get it of and on. I don't have any pics at hand, but i'll try to get some.

Thanks for the info, i had to trim about 1 1/2 off the box as there was just no way to remove the lid like it was. I got it installed and no clearance issues now. Just have to run all the wires and hook up the kill switch. If you have any pic's that would be great. Where did you run your wires? I see some folks that go under the car and some that run them
into the car behind panels and such...

·
Registered
743 Posts
recently did trunk relocation on my 66 coupe.
I ran the wires through the car, behind the rear seat panel, under the door rail, then drilled a hole into the front left fender opening, then another hole up front into the engine bay and bolted onto my relocated starter solenoid

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Odyssey PC1200 battery and weldin mount in my coupe, it is small!! 8"hx10"wx7"L and would fit in your 2+2 with no problem.
Plus it cranks out the power !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts