Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted anything here! Took a little (long) break from the Falcon. Let's see, it's been painted, a few things have changed, some parts like the NEW BIGS carb are still sitting on the shelf. It ran its best of 10.932 @ 121.14 last fall. Wheels up 1.485 60' !!! The car is driven all over town now - weather permitting. I can drive it to the track, run high 10's, and drive it home!! This car turns every head and I love the "Just what is that" question that I get every where I go!!

What do 'ya think???

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
that looks awesome,id like to see a pic of under the hood too,
really like it though.
do those tyres on the back rub on the guards much?
im saving a copy of this one in my pictures folder,would really like an under hood shot too.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to get a current under hood pic - all of mine are dated.

The rear wheel wells were cut prior to paint. No rubbing even though there isn't much visible clearance with the 29" tires.

Also, it looks a little better if I install the rear slicks with matching centerline rims. I like the rear rims in the pic better, so I'll probalby pick up some fronts to match.

10.95 @ 125 mph
10.93 @ 121
On street tires and through the mufflers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ScreaminC on 5/14/06 6:41am ]</font>

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Looks good - and runs good too. I just bought a new set of 28 - 10.5 ET Drags, same type I've had for the last two years - and they rub bad. Had to hammer on the car some for clearance. Looks like I may need to extend the rear shackles some.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>>>>Had to hammer on the car some for clearance.<<<<

GASP!! YOU hammered on YOUR car!!??!! I would never have thought it possible!!!

Hey, I've been gone for a while - last I knew you were building a 4V to replace the 2v. How'd that go?

My rear - errr... the car's rear - Started as a '57 Ford 9" rear bolted to stock leafs and traction bars. The axle tubes on the housing collapsed so I upgraded them to the larger diameter truck axle tubes. The axles themselves were replaced with Strange. Rear brakes are custom built disc setup utilizing brand x calipers (actually front calipers and rotors from a '81 malibu). Brakes are heavy, but do they ever work!!! Inside are 4.88 Richmond gears and a MINI SPOOL. Yeah, well, we will see how long that lasts!! The traction bars were replaced with home made cal-trac type bars. The rear shackles are home made offset jobs. The spring perches are moved inboard from where they would normally sit. Basically, I've pulled the rear of the leaf springs inboard as much as I felt comfortable with in order to gain clearance at the rear of the tires.

Current plans are to install the new Bigs carb, replace the shifter with a Cheetah, and hit the track. If I can get the times down to abour 10.80 then I'll install a plate system and see if I can get kicked off the track!!

Best mods: Large aluminum radiator. Temps stay below 160* always.

Worst mods: Ratchet shifter - I hate it. Mini spool - I'd much prefer a locker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts