Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I've got a bench seat in my 66 and think about putting buckets in her but then I think the bench seat makes it look more cool like some old style muscle cars.
I was thinking about having the bench and rear seat redone with a better material, something that looks like imitation leather, at least not as glossy as the stock stuff.
I would do the door panels with the same material also and then finally put in the floor shifter.

What do you guys think of old muscle cars with bench seats in them?

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Bench was all I wanted. I like driving around with my arm on the bench top. Plus when three people go to lunch we take my car. And if you buy something at the store you can just toss it in next to you on the bench. Only drawback, no cupholders.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hiya Puttster, I rigged up a cup holder that moves with the bench seat.
I saw a cup holder on a Harley one day and thought I would go fine with my black interior. I took out the bench seat and fastened a thick spring steel strap to the under side with some bolts and bent the strap around so it comes out just in front of the bench seat. Then I fastened the Harley cut holder to that and it pivots enough side to side and won't tip over. It's springy enough so it doesn't shake whatever drink you've got to death or foam over. I'll get a pic posted today, I've got it just to the left of center so when I do get my floor shifter in it won't hit it. With the foampadding that comes with the holder it holds a 20oz coke real nice. When I don't have a drink I put my cell phone in it and radio remeote.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd leave the bench seat. I plan on leaving mine in place. I think most cars made nowadays have bucket seats. A bench seat makes it unique and different.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I converted to buckets long time ago.

But, my car's a cruiser, not a racer, and I happen to think that the 64 500XL interior is one of the nicest ever made by an auto company.

(For some reason, this is the only site that does not allow me to upload a picture from my camera. Any hints?

I go through the "manage attachments" process, as I do with other sites, and the picture will not upload.

I wind up with a blank screen.)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
They need to be 'hosted' from another site. (ie photobucket etc)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Facts is fackz! Bench seat lets the lady get close and comfy :)
So does a wedding ring.

In my drive-in days, I'd give any of my friends my Corvette for a car with bench seats.

My future bro/in/law had a new 65 Galaxie convert, 4 sp, 390, bench seats. We'd trade cars.....a lot!

But, I married his sister, and after almost 46 years, she's still here.

Now, as for his Galaxie.....gone, long time ago. He sold the Galaxie and bought a yellow Vette fastback, 427/390 hp, 4 sp, with A/C.

Back then, I wanted to borrow HIS car.

The SOB wouldn't loan me his Vette!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I converted to buckets long time ago.

But, my car's a cruiser, not a racer, and I happen to think that the 64 500XL interior is one of the nicest ever made by an auto company.

(For some reason, this is the only site that does not allow me to upload a picture from my camera. Any hints?

I go through the "manage attachments" process, as I do with other sites, and the picture will not upload.

I wind up with a blank screen.)
Well, this ain't bad, but it still requires a click by the viewer instead of having the picture show automatically.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/jvmarcone/new%20Galaxie%20interior/DSCI0270.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
I go through the "manage attachments" process, as I do with other sites, and the picture will not upload.QUOTE]

After browsing on your harddrive and selecting your pic, you have to expand the window and find the "upload"button. then close the window. Try Preview and you should see your pic.

On photobucket select pic and select the 4th link, the IMG link. when you click on it it says "copied." then paste whatever was copied into your text. Try Preview and you should see your pic.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I go through the "manage attachments" process, as I do with other sites, and the picture will not upload.QUOTE]

After browsing on your harddrive and selecting your pic, you have to expand the window and find the "upload"button. then close the window. Try Preview and you should see your pic.

On photobucket select pic and select the 4th link, the IMG link. when you click on it it says "copied." then paste whatever was copied into your text. Try Preview and you should see your pic.
Hey, puttster.

That's the procedure I followed (upload, etc). Works fine on other sites. Can't get it to work here.

I get a white screen, and when I look at "preview post", the image isn't there.

I'll give the IMG method a try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts