Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
I want to upgrade my carb this fall...
Right now I am running an older (looks real old) 650DP... Ive had it rebuilt and it runs well... but it definatley needs to be replaced...
Any opninions on what I should go to? Is a 750Dp too much for my combo? Biggs? Proform?
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
317 Posts
From someone who bolted their new Bigs 750 stage 5 last week I can say there is no question. Bigs all the way, it was worth every penny. Other than the plumbing I have not even touched the idle, float levels or anything else, It runs great just the way it came out of the box. I didn't beleive they could do it, and I am not a fan of Holleys but they did a great job on mine.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know of some with bad experiences with BIGS, but I've heard good success too. It seems they're either spot on, or impossible to get close.

With what you're running, I would't think a 750 would be too big - especially if you could get one with downleg boosters.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I swapped a 750dp main body (off ebay for $25) onto my old 650dp on my 289 and didn't notice any loss in low-end torque and driveability. My 650 had straight-leg boosters and the 750 has downleg, so I think that made up for the loss in vacuum signal.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I vote for Biggs. My buddy went through them and was very pleased with the way his car ran. He never touched the mixture or idle speed. It ran so good.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
On 2006-07-10 07:54, wcj56 wrote:
From someone who bolted their new Bigs 750 stage 5 last week I can say there is no question. Bigs all the way, it was worth every penny. Other than the plumbing I have not even touched the idle, float levels or anything else, It runs great just the way it came out of the box. I didn't beleive they could do it, and I am not a fan of Holleys but they did a great job on mine.
I also have a Bigs 750 Stage 5. It was running rich when I got it and I needed to jet it down 4 sizes on the primary side and I had Jesse up the primary valve from 4.5 to 5.5. I've further increased it to 8.5 since the vacuum virtually never gets that low in normal day to day driving.

Other than that, it has been great. I have never had a more responsive carb. No flat spots at any throttle position.

65' Stang

393W Stroker, Wide Toploader 4 Spd, 9" 3:70 Posi

Victor Jr. Heads, Stealth Intake, 750dp, 236/561 Solid Cam, 9.6CR, 1 3/4" Headers, Lakewood, Subframes, Caltracs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 7/11/06 6:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dennis what jets did bigs supply you, shooter size, feeds and bleeds?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know of some with bad experiences with BIGS, but I've heard good success too. It seems they're either spot on, or impossible to get close.

LOL!! When we hit them right on out of the box its truely a great feeling......And we usally do most of the time......In some cases though we just miss it....wether its bad info up front or trouble on the customers end with his combo.......one thing you can count on we will do everything in our power to make it right.............Thanx allot you guys for the kind words.....Jesse @ BIGS!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts