Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Claus got me new carpet for the Stang. The old ins was horrible. I'm looking for something that blocks heat and sound well. I'd like to keep it as lightweight as possible. Thanx

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
for sound deadnr, try truck box spray on liner (RHINO LINING), that stuff is alot better than undercoating. Or some speaker places sell Dyna-Mat, it's very expensive but is a good deadnr and insulator, and comes in rolls or squares, I think Eastwood and most Mustang suppliers sell it too.

Rick

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the dynomat in my last car. It was a great sound deadener but it was REAL heavy. I was hoping to find somthing to use as a soft backing for the carpet. Any ideas on what the street rod guys use? It looked like thick purple blankets with alum on both sides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The B-Quiet site is great Haven't seen any cheaper prices. Anyone know roughly how many square feet for a 70 Mustang? Floors, firewall, over the mufflers and diff, rear wheel wells, and maybe doors - would 18 square feet be enough?:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
poorboys use cardboard, works good, and you can put multi layers but try not to spill too much stuff on it as it can cause mildew

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think that 18' would be enough.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The stuff in the JC WHitney book works perfectly and sometimes you can get it at the local Pep Boys!Another cheap and effective method is the stuff they sell at Home Depot, Lowe's etc, It's the aluminum foil backed with the air pockets in it , very light and easy to work with, I think they keep it in the furnace insulation dept,

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I'm looking for, I've seen at the street rod meets. It is 1/2" of a cloth material with alun on both sides.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the stuff you're looking for is in the Summitt catalog. I believe it's called "the insulator", and the two foil sided version is called "super insulator". The stuff comes in a 4' x 6' sheet.

I'm going to get some of the one sided material for my project soon, but I'm going to check with Lane Automotive first and see what they have.

I see you're in Kazoo. Where abouts are you located? You can email me if you prefer.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SOB, page 241. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks. I'm actually from Paw Paw but as you know not many have heard of Kazoo.
If you see fordmanz, he is from Coloma. Yea, Lanes is a nice place, I think there is a picture of my credit card hanging in there somewhere.
I was in charge of installing all the offices and furniture when it got built a few years back. BIG PLACE. Ever taken the tour?
More car parts than one man can dream of! What are you drivin'? If you see a BRIGHT white 66 stang w/shelby hood flag me down and say hi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts