Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell what would be the best flowing stock intake for 302 or 351 2v or 4v.or could some one provide me with a flow chart for intakes.been all over the the web and could only find flow charts for heads

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It depends on what you want to do. Best flow numbers rarely mean best performance.

If you want a lower RPM range streetable car, a dual plane is usually the way to go (though you can run some smaller single planes)

If you want all out flow for a high winding drag motor, a single plane will outflow any dual plane.

What are you building?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Oh... just reread your post.

As far as stock is concerned, theres nothing too fantastic about any of them.

The stockers are pretty much all the same to my recollection, though I think shelby and ford motorsport made aluminum versions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's for a stock car and we are only allowed stock non aluminum 2 or 4 barrel.i know chevy guys say there is one fore them from certain year that has better flow.just tought there might be one in the fords

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Some windsor engines in the early 70's had police heads with 1.94 /1.54 valves, and they also had a better stock manifold too. Most top of the line heads had only 1.86 1.46 valves...
( if I remember correctly)

·
Registered
802 Posts
They didn't. 1.94 is a Chevy valve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts