Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some CompCams Hitech rollers 1.73 and wanted to here from people that use these rockers?Can anyone tell me of other rockers on the market I have heard Jesel and harland sharp +probe any imformation on rocker,s would be helpfull Thanks GO THE FORDS
(stud rocker,s not shaft)

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
got a mate using harland sharp on a cleveland with good results,im using angus on a windsor that have held up well,cant help with the comp rockers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah cheers for that I have heard lots of good things about the Harland sharp. Never heard of angus tho?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The Comp Cams SS or Pro Magnum ones are freaking awsome if you are going to stay with a stud mount system. If your going to upgrade (But its pretty $$ if you already have all the parts for the stud system) T&D or Jesel Staft systems are top of the line and you won't be disapointed.

The Comp Cams Steel Full Rollers are way better than the Aluminum Roller Rocker and the are rebuildable to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been running Scorpion rockers and they are holding up quite well. They are made very strong with reinforcement where needed. They are aluminum and stout. Basically, your answer will come from these two questions, A: How much lift do you plan on running? B: Will you run RPM's in excess of 6000 on a regular basis? If you plan on a cam profile with lifts .600 or more, I would go with steel rockers for security. If you plan on revving the engine to it's full potential all the time, I would go with a Jesel Shaft System.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I no I sould! But when I think Of Yella terra I think of HOLDEN!and I dont want to be sick again, lol JK anyway I got a set of CompCams HiTech SS 1.73, I have been told some wicked things about them! and seen them on a 800horse power engine So I was, there going on mine! and that was the end of the story Cant wait to see how they go!!Has anyone Had these rocker,s on there ford 351? thanks XELR8 (heads are fully ported)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have run the 7/16 stud mounted Yella Terra rollers since 1999 and are great, but pretty dear. The next set i buy will be the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is nothing wrong with yella terra at all.. I just went the Comp Hitech SS because I have heard nothing but, They are strong rockers and rebuildable he he thats what sold me... GO THE FORDS!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have used two brands in the past with great results. Mine are for a 460, but the rockers are the same as a 351C.

I used a set of Harland Sharp for several years. Finally a coupel fo the rollers tips didn't quite as smooth as I thought they should. ( I'm very picky about this sort of stuff). I had been using them in my 557 with close to 800 lbs open spring pressure.

I called and then sent them back to HS. They rebuilt them free of charge. Talk about fantastic customer service!

While they were being rebuilt I bought a set of Trick Flow rockers from Summit. I needed a set ASAP so as not to miss a race. The Trick Flows are built by Crane. They are the same rocker as the Crane Gold, with the only diff being that they are a different color and and $50 less. They are working great so far.

David Cole

·
Registered
464 Posts
I tried Harland Sharp and the geometry was of so bad. When I corrected the geometry with an adjustable push rod, the pushrod rubbed the hole in the head. I sent them back and bought Crower from KV's recommendation and they worked great. They are vey nice.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
They are the 7/16 stud mounts.I paid more than that myself.Found that just after i got mine.A friend of mine got a set from there for that price so it is a real deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jessel are the go I,m told! But they cost as much as some good alloy heads!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If your starting from scratch go with the jesels

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have CompCams Hitech roller,s allreaddy manley guide ARP studs ect ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts