Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best run dragway in your area and why. I mean for bracket / night racing not Pro.
I know New England dragway sucks, sometimes you only get in 1 or 2 runs. They are so unorginized it's pathetic.
I have found that Reading PA was very organized.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mountain Park Dragway, Clay City, KY. They run the 1/8 and the 1/4, depending on how fast your car is. Super nice people, old school facilities (i.e.: park your car in the grass, sit on wooden bleachers with tin roofs. Onionburgers that haven't changed in 30 years, I swear. Same recipe as when I was coming there with my dad at age 10!

·
Registered
89 Posts
FXComet,

When do they run at Clay City? I haven't been there since 1968. One thing I remember is the return road. It was like driving on a road race course. I did like the track.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Having raced at Mission during the 70's, Seattle 80's, Spokane 80's, Edmonton 70's & 80's, by far my favorite is Mission. The organization that runs the track (B.C.Custom Car Association) has been around since 1951 and still running strong.
Check out their website http://www.missionraceway.com/
To be able to watch from home because of the webcam is great when my health/back is so F#&* up and I can't move.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-04-10 12:57, GMayf47124 wrote:
FXComet,

When do they run at Clay City? I haven't been there since 1968. One thing I remember is the return road. It was like driving on a road race course. I did like the track.
Friday nights are test and tune, Saturdays are regular program/points. These run into Sundays for special races. Yep, the return road is still a lot like Road Atlanta!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts