Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, Another question. My car has full length headers. I want to convert to shorty headers or maybe stock manifolds. The current set up is too cramped. Clearance issues etc... What are yall runnin? The car has power steering. Originally a 260 but now 289. No A/C. The current header manufacturer is unknown. All I know is that they are old, ugly and bent up. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey yall, Another question. My car has full length headers. I want to convert to shorty headers or maybe stock manifolds. The current set up is too cramped. Clearance issues etc... What are yall runnin? The car has power steering. Originally a 260 but now 289. No A/C. The current header manufacturer is unknown. All I know is that they are old, ugly and bent up. Please reply. Thanks in advance.
Auto or 4 speed?

I have a 65 merc comet cyclone with 302 and 4 speed. The previous owner installed cast iron log style manifolds. There is plenty of room with these headers although the guy who built the exhaust put it too close to the z-bar. I had to put a dent in the pipe to allow the clutch to operate properly. Here are the part #'s. C30E-9430-A, C40E-9430-A

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 65merccyclone. My 64 Futura Hardtop has the 2 speed ford-o-matic. Originallly column shift but converted to B&M floor shift. I hope to upgrade to a C-4 this summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts