Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I will putting exhaust on my 62 Ranchero with a 170 six cylinder engine. Its going to be from the header back and I was thinking keeping a single exhaust pipe with a cherry bomb glass pack muffler. I am looking for an old school sound but not crazy loud. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Ok do it.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Do a search on Utube first! Lots of videos to hear! You may want duals!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
This week I will putting exhaust on my 62 Ranchero with a 170 six cylinder engine. Its going to be from the header back and I was thinking keeping a single exhaust pipe with a cherry bomb glass pack muffler. I am looking for an old school sound but not crazy loud. Thanks
Is that like 170 meters, or what?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I've done the cherry bomb on a straight six b4. It sounded stupid.... Like an old dog. woof, woof, woof.

They're everywhere I know, but Flowmasters just sound plain old badass!
I like the Flowmasters myself!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I ran a split header duals on my 200 six with turbo mufflers. I don't think glass packs sound good on a 6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ran spintech with 3" and x pipe on my 71 torino with a 429, and they sounded way better than flow's and didn't have the drone throughout the car at 2500rpm. If you want stupid loud go with Dynomax bullets, now those will disturb the peace, and make your neighbors really hate you!!! Just my .02
Jon

·
Registered
674 Posts
I used a factory 1970 302 Boss muffler on my 200 I6 69 Mustang. Had a dual outlet header Cyclone I think. Mad a 18" Y pipe very smoothly converging to a 2 1/4 pipe. From there back used all the factory 302 Boss pipes and muffler for the passenger side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts