Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a the point where one of the toys should go. Just wondering where to get a value for the car and where's the best place to advertise? I'm not trying to create spam here. My neighbor is interested in purchasing. Just don't know where to start and if he is strokin me.
This car has no problems with cold A/C and is a weekend cruiser for me. With the drag radials, it's a threat to about anything normaly on the street. Here is a link to the details if there are any good idea's on the value. http://www.justanothertoy.com/fasterdammit.htm

Thank's
Tom

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
The best way to know the value of a car is to put it up for auction.

What you are asking is what value to put on it before the auction, the two are different and could be closer or further apart according to who is bidding and why they are bidding. Re-sale price is always going to be lower than the offer someone buying the car to keep is willing to pay. Your job is to figure out what it'll take to make you happy, but not drive off a serious offer from a knowlegable buyer.

I generally figure a car is worth about 50% of what it would cost to replicate it. After that...its a buyers market.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is quite a nice ride you have there. The 67 fastbacks are commanding top dollar right now and yours is slick with many desirable parts, Gear Vendors overdrive, 4:10s, and most of the general public loves a red mustang. Check to see what they are going for at vintage-mustang.com but I'm gonna guess 15-18K

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Any offer under 20 G's... you should get a new neighbor. Aside from that, never sell it to a neighbor.

Just think.... everytime he starts the car, you will hear it and you will be kicking yourself. If you sell your car to your neighbor, may as well sell him your house too....

That car is a keeper.

·
Registered
659 Posts
hmmm looks great. If it is as nice as the pics give ya $19,000 for it

·
Registered
194 Posts
that is a really nice car-i would put in ebay and try for 20-25k,if you want to fool with the leg work you can put in on craigs list in different cities for free too!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm. I thought about the Ebay thing. I seen cars recently with not even close to the hardware I have going in the low twenty's. Most have this Elinore thing going on with basic stock engine, tranny, diffs on and on. It would suck being blown away by a Honda with a car like that. Either lack of motor or lack of traction. Just not a complete setup package.
You know how some cars look awsome in pics and then you see the car upclose and wonder what happened? This one actually looks better in person. The body is straight and paint done right. It does very well in the car shows. Anyone have experience with selling a car on Ebay?

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
That's a NICE car. Don't sell it yet. It will bring its biggest money in the spring. People paying off their summer 'fun' bills right now, and will be saving for Christmas.

In the spring, income tax checks will be rolling in, and people will be all geared up for a new hotrod to blast around in. There just aren't that many people in the market right now. Chances are, if you sell it, it will have to be for a bargain price.... and that will probably just be to an investor who will turn it over in the spring for a profit.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank's Mike. I may take up on the advice. It's funny because I'm in the desert where this is the season for cruising. 70-80's temps and dry. My car has been in the garage all summer waiting for the weather to get beloww 100 degree's. You have a pretty bad ride also I see.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Well, that's how it goes here. I'm not familiar with the desert. Anyway, it will give you more time to consider the alternatives.

It's tough to get what the car is worth. People building them for a profit don't build them like they were going to keep them. They 'bling' them up and send them down the road! You'll lose your a$$ on the car when it comes time to sell. Enjoy it, or come to the terms that you'll never be able to replace it for whatever money it brings. It's a passion, not an investment.

Selling it to the neighbor will be like letting him screw your wife. Every time you look at him, or 'your' car.... you'll be reminded of it. You'll also get to see him 'personalize' it in tasteless ways and not really be able to say anything about it!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Are you gonna build another car, or are you just needing the money for more "adult" endeavors? Have you thought of trading this car for another model of the same quality if it is just a change of scenery you need?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Are you gonna build another car, or are you just needing the money for more "adult" endeavors? Have you thought of trading this car for another model of the same quality if it is just a change of scenery you need?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, first, I gave my Jeep to my son for his 16th birthday. So I'm thinkin of building another. Second I'm into offshore boating and have been wanting to do the Offshore race circuit for awhile. I also ride dirtbike in the desert, so basically I to am tapped out on time and maint. So the Stang is sitting in the garage and ......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts