Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Pretend just for a minute that I am really a dumba**. I have always run Big blocks, and I want to build a killer 302. What I need to get from all of the "experts" is a complete list of what I'l need to build a small block with a roller cam etc.....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Well, now that you've effectively called small block guys dumbasses, I'm sure they'll be willing to help.

I agree with the above statement Chilly made.

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock-White Lightning
66 Galaxie 500 390 4-V auto-future 4 or 5spd.
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460- Tow Vehical

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 2/12/02 2:17am ]</font>

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well i think you would only ne a dumbass for not runnin a smallbloc but i dont mean to offendanyone. First you could get a sroker kit for the 302 likethe 331 or somthin and a good roler cam like Comp with around .570 lift some AFR 205 or 185 heads,10-11:1 comp. Victor Jr intake 800cfm Demon or Holley carb, big headers and 3 in exhaut with x pipe. Im no expert but i just thouht i would try to help out some. You could call Afr or any other head company probablyand the wold tell you what heads would wrk good with your application.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not to be an Ass or anything,but why is it that increasing the horsepower on a small block often includes increasing the cubes?

Not really .... Just messing with Ya

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
You guys are being really hard on "rockit". He didn't call anybody a dumbass, he simply stated that he knew nothing about a small block, and to pretend HE was one.

Rockit, to get much good info, you'll have to share some more info... like what kind of car, transmission, rear gear, intended rpm range, intended use, BUDGET, etc.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My message said 'PRETEND I AM A DUMBASS', as in I need some HELP! I think this is a lot better than some of the guys in the past who have pretended that they are KNOW IT ALLS when they start talking about the motor they are building! I thought this forum was to exchange ideas not insults. A lot of the build ups I have seen discussed were nothing but wet dreams by guys who will NEVER have the money in this lifetime..... Now, 67 Cougar, RADICAL street, unlimited budget.Now for You guys who are snickerin'.....I had a successful lawsuit against the RAILROAD!

·
Registered
672 Posts
On 2002-02-12 00:24, DynoTom wrote:
I thought at first you were saying that anyone who would build up a small block is a dumb ass,but now I see thats not what you were saying at all!

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part Rockit.
Me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts