Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a chart that list 9 inch big bearing housing widths? Wanting to put 31 spline setup in my 63. Have a small bearing 28 now.
wondering if any f150's had the same width housings because I have a chance to get some 31 spline currie axles at a good price with the large bearings out of a 63 car. Been looking for wagons but cannot find any.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Consider asking at your local car clubs or local race track web forums. Somebody usually has a 9" alignment jig to shorten HD truck/van/wagon housings to whatever you need. Bare housings are all over craigslist for $20-$40. One of the clubs here has a retired welder that will cut and jig weld your housing to your specs, weld your perches (you provide or $10 from him) and paint it for $100. Reinforcing perches for racing or double-welding nested small tubes into large tube housings is $10 more. Such a deal. Now I have to find the phone number I lost for another local that makes aluminum drive shafts on the side for $150. Gotta love local resources.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts