Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the thing between the engine and the tranny? No, not the convertor. Its the thin plate thingy. Anyways, is this engine specific or tranny specific. In other words, I have a Big block that had a powerglide along with the pg flexplate. I want to run a C6 so I got a new flexplate but do I need a new plate thing to go between the two? Is it a inspection plate maybe????
Help,
Chad

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
It's a block plate which is a shim for the bellhousing. 460 or small block C-6 block plate. They are starting to get a little hard to find believe it or not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I WAS running a powerglide and wanted to switch trannys, I would have to get the plate specifically for the C6 if I swapped the C6 in. Right?

Chad

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you want to put the C-6 in just get a plate from the junkyard. Any 351M-400, or 429-460 that had a C-6 will have the correct one.

Buddy of mine had one made with extra "ears" on the sides so he could use it like a thin midplate. He had a machine shop cut the center hole so it was located ont he crank correctly then he cut the rest of the holes himself. Used .090 flat steel.

Later,

David Cole

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave C on 2/15/02 3:21am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Little curious...do you still have the "Glide and adapter for BBF? Lookin for 1 to mount in my 54

1 - 5 of 5 Posts