Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find them, or maybe the green ones. i was thinking camping/seargeant supply stores or off road jeep type stores. whered do you think i could find some for cheapest? thanks

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
You mean the round ones that have the handle attatched to the spout? It is a spring loaded configuration that pulls the spout open when you pull the handle? I havent seen them in a while, I think the last time was at a garage sale.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
No there is NO reason, except for environmental bullcrap.

The Traditional "Jerry Can" used forever in the U.S. Military were steel and were phased out due to cheaper and "quieter" plastic "Jerry Can's" becoming available, cheaper...

Expense and noise issue were the reason the military stopped useing them and prices for production was the reason the entire civillian community stopped at the same time.

They're still out there...

FE

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
What about the rectangular metal cans? My dad goes up the mountains hunting, and he would like tougher cans then the plastic ones. They are worried about the plastic ones wearing through.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
the rectangular ones are what they are talking about, AKA Jerry Cans.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Here's one!

Want me to e-mail him?

Craigslist Sacramento

jerry can

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-08-07, 8:03PM PDT

I have 2 jerrycan with 1 nozzle. $20 9162663606

this is in or around Sacramento

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1 - 14 of 14 Posts