Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have 26x6 inch slicks on my 1962 falcon, what size can i get on there, just by looking i would say not much more but looking for real world answers..btw..i have 60ft 1.73 with these little tires..thanks

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Can't say for sure on the round body Falcon but my '65 would barely take a 225/60-15 before it was mini-tubbed. I'm guessing that would have measured 7 or 8-inches total width. I might be off on that but would suppose yours isn't going to take much more if even.

I'm curious about your times, etc. What are you running for power and drivetrain and what kind of E.T.? When I had the modest 289 in mine I got a best of 1.84 but that was on the 225's BGF T/A street radials. I really need slicks now!

I'm sure you'll get more responses soon because many are doing the same thing. Good luck!

John

·
Registered
526 Posts
Gave up on trying with mine, and just bit the bullet and radiused the rear wheelwells. Then used '78 Mercedes front fender lips to finish off the opeings. Still need to finish bodywork, but it cured the fitment issues. These are 10"x15"x30" Hurst slicks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts