Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some interesting news. Bill Ford will resign as ceo and become chairman and Alan Mulally from Boeing will be new ceo. Hmmm, maybe we'll finally get some new cars that can really fly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Again, can only begin to think about what kind of trickle down effect it's going to have on the lonely line tech...................bend over and grab your knees............some more................................

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
It takes a smart man to realize his limitations. When a company as Big as Ford is on the ropes. You need "Professional" management. Car building is a mature market, its over regulated, over competitive and everyone wants a piece of the pie. The biggest issue in American car building - everyone wants everything built into the cars, at a bargain price.

Sometimes you just have to play hard ball, that's hard to do when you name is on the product. This way, the new CEO has someone to blame it on.

No doubt, that’s why Bill Gates is no longer the head of MS….makes it harder to find someone to complain to when you don't really know who is in charge.

Yes, it’s good to be King, but it’s even better to be Boss.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Hope this helps turn things around. Although I love Fords I keep finding myself looking at the other makes out there for thier difference. I guess bored with the almost same year to year styling of the trucks and SUVs or something. I know they worry about brand loyalty so they don't want to make any major changes to what has sold well for them for years but a new generation is out there and they want something new.
I'm way far from being part of that generation but i like the Titan, a new Toyota I've seen recently around town, FJ Cruiser or something like that with nice bright colors and (beat me now) the little box Scion even. Granted they are far from being Fords. They have resurrected the Tbird for a short time, the Mustang has been revamped a few times i just think it's time for a total overhaul into a new style of vehicle. There is a risk but if they study what is selling out there now to the younger generation and build on that I don't think they would be sticking their head on the chopping block too far. No need to make it a do or die type thing but create something new.
Time to run now!!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Some of the programs I've seen lately seem as though Ford is just about "giving cars and trucks away."

Must be seriously overstocked and under funded ...

That's a sign of something not quite right.

I'm glad the guy at the top realized that even if Ford Motor Company is his "namesake" ... it's headed the wrong direction and he was in over his head.

BTW ... The last two vehichles we bought were brand new Fords ... And we have been very satisfied with both. (2001 F150 and 2006 Mustang)

·
Registered
698 Posts
hell, if my shares were worth $460 million when i took over, and $70 million today, i'd also find someone else to run it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts