Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some shots of the Ridetech billit gas filler cap assy installed in my Ranchero. This unit is made for an early Camaro.
The angle was wrong and needed to be modified, Ford uses 2.25" filler tube over Camaro 2".
The outside diameter was perfect and bolt pattern of 4 bolts was the same, added 4 more holes.
I have always disliked the stuck on look of the normal gas cap, after the original is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
AWESOME. Had the EXACT same idea for my Ranchero. Saw this cap during the 48 hour Camaro build and got in touch with RideTech for the specs on this. Found out that it's very similar dimensionally to the stock filler (as you've found out).

So, you just need to remove the panel inside the bed, and adapt the smaller Camaro neck to the slightly larger Ranchero fill, right? Doesn't seem that a huge hurdle.

My concern would be how well the anodizing would hold up since I park my Ranchero outside in the weather.

Love it! Do you have any more pics of how you adapted the different tube sizes?

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Nice! :tup: I could see making those with a flange and mandrel SS tubing for Fords. What do those go for?

chunger - pic 4 shows he sleeved the Camaro outlet to the larger size.

David

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chugger, PSIG is right. I changed the angle of the spout and sleeved up to the 2.25 diameter. A friend that works for John Force did the welding and fabing. We didn’t get the angle perfect but the 6” of hose inside the bed gave me enough flex. I am a little concerned about fueling speed. If more splash is created inside the tube the fuel nozzle will kick off. I haven’t purchased fuel yet.
Ridetech has a flange only kit. That may be the better approach making your own down tube.
Chugger, I redid the Ranchero, installed 89 Mustang 5.0 w/ aod, power steering, collapsing column, Granada disc and etc. while living in San Ramon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts