Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
fugly.... JMOP.

What's with the Camaro Rally sport type grill? Yucky wheels too.... Do NOT buy me one for Christmas! Please...

FE

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
They are apparently supposed to be the ugliest creation known to man kind next to an 84 Caprice jacked up 40 inches with 22" rim's on it...

FE

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
The kids won't know who Mad Max is! hehe. But yes... Awesome Aussie Muscle!

Remember...Success is a Journey, Not a Destination

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FATNFAST on 12/24/06 11:29am ]</font>

·
Registered
629 Posts
On 2006-12-23 15:18, v8shadow wrote:
Im lost. What are those supposed to be?
While I can agree with Falconaround, I don't really care for these toy versions with the oversize wheels on them, I do enjoy the real cars. It's an XB Ford Falcon Coupe (probably 1973 or 1974 model year), like the one used in Mad Max and in the Road Warrior. It's a shame that Ford USA didn't keep the muscle car spirit alive through the 70's like Ford of Australia did...the Cleveland lasted much longer in the line up there than it did here. Funny how here the Falcon wasn't really a front runner in the muscle cars here in the US (please don't take offense to the statement if you are a Falcon fan here in the USA, and yes I do know that in 1970 you could get a Falcon with a 429 CJ in it...but it shared the Torino bodystyle at that point.
) but in Australia it was still holding on!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I really loved Mad Max's car but these are a travesty of musclehood!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know what you mean, this current trend of making models of cars with largely oversized wheels is something I really don't care for. I had to laugh the other day in the book store there is a magazine out called DONK. It's about cars with seriously ridiculously oversized rims and tires....give me the good ol' days when performance cars came with 15 inch rims and tall side walls on the tires.
Mike

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Great cars, but don't put those wheels on them. I went to the store to find a "Hot Rod" and they didn't have it, but they had these crazy magazines called "Dub" and "Donk" with rediculous looking cars with giant wheels. I can't actually believe people are into that stuff. Jacked up mid 70's Caprices w/ 24" chrome wheels.....WTF!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know what you mean, I really cannot figure out the appeal having rims and tires in excess of 24 inches on a car...and I am usually very open minded about people doing whatever makes them happy to their cars...as long as it's safe and the cars are being driven instead of parked. But sometimes something like this comes along and it just leaves me scratching my head about it....

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 12/25/06 6:10am ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts