Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I hear all these different names anthercite black, Jet black, midnight black, matte black, cherry black, ect.

I want the blackest of the backest of paint jobs. What would the name be? All these different names are killing me. I searched the web for about 2 hours and came up with nothing. I always thought black was black?????????

Thanks....

·
Administrator
21,770 Posts
It's like tomato sauce, you just can't go to the store and get a can. There's sauce for meat loaf, chili, pizza and not sure what else.

Probably all the same black but each company wants to have thier own fancier name or something maybe?

Deb

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Black is Black, but Jet black is generally the Deepest black you can get.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
On 2006-08-23 08:42, CaptVirgilHilts wrote:
On 2006-08-23 08:01, FALCONAROUND wrote:

Black is Black,
Do you want your baby back?

I would get plain old.... Black

Stu
gray is gray sence you went away..

I can't remember the rest of the words.
tim

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If I had my way, she'd be here today
But she'd go in time and leave me to cry again
Oh no, what can I do, cause i, Im feeling blue

Stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
TRY HOUSE OF COLOR FOR YOUR BLACK AND CLEAR COAT. IT'S THE BEST.......ROCKETMAN, A PAINTER

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I used a paint from Bryndana International called Color Bond #119 Ford Black. I used their Vinal prep also. The paint smells like leather dye but worked well on my console and matched the black seats real well.
Scott...

·
Registered
279 Posts
black is not black, just pull a black american car next to a mercedes or bmw.... there are shades of it.... sikkens has the "blackest" black there is, dupont has the second darkest, but the paint stores don't usually stock it, but they can order it, of course.... but the sikkens black is a mixing color on their mixing system, whereas the dupont "true" black is not on the "mixing" system, it's a "factory pack" color.... for the sikkens brand, they just use alot less while mixing a color compared to dupont's jet black that is on their mixing system... i'd recommend the dupont over the sikkens, because if there is a problem, and you have to go back into it, sikkens doesn't like itself very much, and it has the tendency to lift the "old" paint, blister, solvent pop, do all kinds o' crazy stuff... dupont doesn't often have those problems.....

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
I painted my Galaxie in matt black years ago, and believe me, police radar still pick it up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts