Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am just curious what would be involved in putting a blower on my combination & what the estimated power would be. I have all the parts below but the engine has not been built yet. I have been advised the combo without a blower would make approximatey 420hp - 470hp.

Scat 9000 series cast 393 stroker crank
Scat H beam rods
Sealed Power hyper' dished pistons
AFR185 61cc Outlaw heads
Scorpion billet aluminium 1:6 rockers
Edelbrock Victor Series high volume mechanical water pump
Edelbrock RPM Air-gap intake manifold
Holley 750CFM double pumper carb'
MSD Pro Billet ready-to-run distributor
MSD Blaster SS coil
Canton high capacity T style oil pan, melling oil pump, (with hardened drive shaft)
Felpro perfomance gasket set
Full ARP bolt kit

Many thanks,
Martyn

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rule of thunb. 20-25hp per 1psi of boost on a properly tuned motor. Being that you are using Hyper slugs and didn't annotate what your compression is. I would recomend 5 to 6psi as long as your compression is below 9.5-1

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I would get forged pistons and a bigger carb like a Mighty Demon 850 blower carb if you are planning on running a centrifugal. And as for centrifugal, I would run a Procharger. Also, step up to some Cometic or Fel Pro MLS head gaskets for extra insurance. As for power output, that all depends on whether you want to run pump or race gas, but I would say 600 horsepower on pump would not be to hard to reach. The biggest obstacle w/ putting a blower on would be the plumbing for the intercooler which can be a lot of extra fabrication work.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Due to the higher displacement I'd suggest a swap to a Vic Jr intake and expect 500 hp NA. At 10.5:1 you'll need to use a intercooled setup so you can get some meaniful boost out of it, no more than 9psi with hyper pistons and a spot on tune. Drop the CR to 9.5:1 and go for boost in the mid-upper teens.

With 6-9psi I'd be pissed to not get 700+hp out of this combo.

BTW unless you already have the shortblock built, forged pistons are a cheap upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.