Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures, Tom. That was really fast! As for some of the other specs - it has Comp. Eng. rear ladder bar suspension with drag shocks all around, fuel cell, trunk mounted battery, 6-point rollbar, 4-point race harnesses, 9in w/4.56 gears, a Detroit Locker, and Moser axles, Centerline Wheels, Mickey T. drag radials, slicks mounted on Mopar police wheels, headers w/collectors, 3in exhaust, 2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers w/turndowns, an aluminum radiator, full interior w/all Autometer gages, B&M rever pattern ratchet shifter, and an extra painted fiberglass hood (not shown) with scoop. Tonight I just got a drag oil pan, Moroso valve covers and air cleaner, K&N air filter, and Torino big block Ford motor mounts (which I'm told are pretty hard to find). As for the engine - I just have the short block as of now. It's a 460 bored and stroked to 502c.i. built by C&S Performance w/JE Pistons and Eagle Rods, and no cam. I'm going to get Motorsports aluminum Cobra Jet heads for it and I'm not sure on what carb, intake, and cam yet. That about sums up my big project so far. I hope it have it done by spring of 2003. It should run low 12s - high 11s (I hope!)judging by what the guy I bought it from had in it compared to what I'm putting in it.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
I see you are going for the motorsport alloy cj's,just make sure you get the new version of these heads.They are supposed to be worth 50-60 h.p over the old alloy c.j's.It would be nice to see if that claim is true.
Keep us posted on your project,looks like a nice ride..

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Nice! Lets see, a big old two door with a big block and you're going to drag it.....you're a crazy bastard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts