Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a motor with a Blue Thunder intake and a shaker hood. I have done extensive research, and I still haven't got a concrete answer as to which distributors fit. I wanted to run the MSD 8350, but that seems out of the question. It seems to be too tall, and has a clearance problem with #5. I like MSD, but I'd prefer not to run an ignition box. Does anyone with experience have a suggestion. How about the Mallory Unilite? I am open to any and all suggestions. I have spoken to retailers etc. without a positive answer. I know with the wealth of knowledge here, I can get this ordered.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Maybe give these guys a call-

FordRamAir.com

Maybe they have encountered your problem.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I am building a motor with a Blue Thunder intake and a shaker hood. I have done extensive research, and I still haven't got a concrete answer as to which distributors fit. I wanted to run the MSD 8350, but that seems out of the question. It seems to be too tall, and has a clearance problem with #5. I like MSD, but I'd prefer not to run an ignition box. Does anyone with experience have a suggestion. How about the Mallory Unilite? I am open to any and all suggestions. I have spoken to retailers etc. without a positive answer. I know with the wealth of knowledge here, I can get this ordered.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
"it seems too tall" How did you come to - seems to tall ?
most likely you have a stock C dist. , Measuse it
Then call MSD and ask the height .
BTW the BT intake is taller than the oem iron ? That means the filter base will have added clearance over the dist. cap towers

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 351C with a performer intake, Demon carb and a shaker assembly in my 70 Mach1. When restoring it I was worried about putting a MSD dizzy in because the hieght concern so I sent my original distributor to this guy

Dave's Small-Body HEIs

who rebuilt it with new bearings / gear and installed a MED trigger then I was asked if I wanted a small cap for the newer style plug wires which I did, you have to fill out a form and mail it to him with the dizzy which states everything about your motor and the use of it so he can set it up to your motor specs. Now I still use a MSD box but for originallity I painted the MSD box black and hid it in the engine compartment the best I could, you would have to be hunting for it to notice it. I was very pleased with Dave as far as price / time frame and completed dizzy.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts