Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL. I will be reassembling my 1965 four-door sedan in the next week or so and I am going to purchase all new bolts and you know clips. I was wondering if anybody had a diagram of which bolts and you clip nuts go where? What I mean by that is where do I need short you clip knots and shorter bolts then where do I need the longer you clip nuts with longer bolts? I know it would be pretty obvious but I figured I would reach out and see if somebody had the full list. thank you

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
LOL. I will be reassembling my 1965 four-door sedan in the next week or so and I am going to purchase all new bolts and you know clips. I was wondering if anybody had a diagram of which bolts and you clip nuts go where? What I mean by that is where do I need short you clip knots and shorter bolts then where do I need the longer you clip nuts with longer bolts? I know it would be pretty obvious but I figured I would reach out and see if somebody had the full list. thank you
Hello 65 Galaxie 302,

I would suggest you have a look at the illustration guide part of the Ford Master Parts Catalogue. Whilst I haven't noticed specifically what you're looking for it is pretty good at pointing out all the parts needed associated with numbers of which then you can look up to see if they differentiate between long or short U-nuts and body bolts.

Cheers

·
Registered
1965 Ford Custom. 302 . AOD. Work in progress
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello 65 Galaxie 302,

I would suggest you have a look at the illustration guide part of the Ford Master Parts Catalogue. Whilst I haven't noticed specifically what you're looking for it is pretty good at pointing out all the parts needed associated with numbers of which then you can look up to see if they differentiate between long or short U-nuts and body bolts.

Cheers
Thank you for Your response. I googled Ford Master Parts Catalogue and am trying to make sense Of the different pdf files that come up. One that I found was a catalog from 65-72 but it only seems to be a partial because it stops once it gets to the brake assemblies. I will keep looking or if anyone had a snapshot of that page/pages I could take a look at I would appreciate it like I said, I know where all the parts go and the type of clips and bolts, I just want to be precise so I don’t have to take bolts off and back on possibly scratching the new paint. Thank you Galaxie owners

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thank you for Your response. I googled Ford Master Parts Catalogue and am trying to make sense Of the different pdf files that come up. One that I found was a catalog from 65-72 but it only seems to be a partial because it stops once it gets to the brake assemblies. I will keep looking or if anyone had a snapshot of that page/pages I could take a look at I would appreciate it like I said, I know where all the parts go and the type of clips and bolts, I just want to be precise so I don’t have to take bolts off and back on possibly scratching the new paint. Thank you Galaxie owners
Hello 65 Galaxie 302,

If you PM me I'll send you the link to download the three files for the Master Parts Catalogue.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts