Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me again. I am trying to decipher my body code and vin. I am on the oldride.com page and using their spec sheet.
my body code is 63B 5 57 05c 71

so from that the 63B is a 2 door fastback, but when reading the vin# the body series is 66....which says its a 4 door LTD???

Am I just an idiot and reading it wrong, or is my vin not right????

I hope this is just a stupid question, and if it is, my apologies!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more bit of confusion.....how come my code only has 5 codes? Doesn't have the axle or trans codes?

·
Administrator
21,760 Posts
That one i can't answer. Seen them without a DSO code but not axle and trans. These are from the warranty plate on the door right? Someone else will have to comment on that one i think unless it is worn in that area and just can't see them anymore?

Does it look like the original plate, no new rivets or anything like it had been replaced and someone just left those off because they didn't know yet or know then what they were and had replaced the door at some point and needed to replace the plate? Or maybe ford messed up which wouldn't be a surprise either really. I'm sure little things like that happened now and then. Maybe try rubbing a damp rag over it or something to see if it shows up then when wet or something cause it wasn't stamped deep or is worn. Look at an angle also the codes below each might be both near the right edge and not gotten stamped directly below the axle and trans. I'm just tossing out guesses here but i do know sometimes they are real hard to see on there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input and ideas. I don't have access to the car right now, it is out at a friends house in his shop. ...pulled the motor...running in to more issues than planned, but isn't that just how it goes!?
On a side note, been trying to find a radiator for it, i have looked at dearborn and mac's, just real expensive. Called some local places and they are telling me that their books don't even show a 352 that year. Does another make of car that year work? Or any suggestions on that?
I will look in to that code when i get back out to the shop. Thanks again for your responses/time/ and suggestions!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was finally able to look at the door and it does have the last two number, they are 1 4.

What does that tell me? cruis 0 matic with 3.0 gears correct? just trying to figure out which transmission I have to order a different stall converter.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If this is the same car that you were asking about on the idle issue, the cam isnt 'big' enough to warrant a "stall" converter...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If this is the same car that you were asking about on the idle issue, the cam isnt 'big' enough to warrant a "stall" converter...
ok. I'm just going by what others tell me. I was told I need to get a converter in the 1800-2000 range. Like I said, I don't know much about anything, I just know i want my car to run well and driver it. I have put a lot of money in to the rebuild and just want it to run well. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts