Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
I was going to use some 3M body panel adhesive to put on a patch panel on my Lincoln yet when I looked at the package it said to use applicator gun,so I called my friendly Napa and was told thee Gun was over 250.00 ???? Is there another brand that applies a little easier and cheaper.Thanks

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
On 2006-02-25 09:10, jimmife wrote:
You just can't dump this stuff out.It comes in a double tube syringe looking bottle with no syringe pump.
I used a ratchet extension or a wooden dowel--don't remember and shoved it out one side at a time (or was it both together???). It is thick stuff so you will need to push a little harder than you may think.

Try to keep it in like proportions as compared to the individual tube sizes. Also keep it in separate piles and it won't set up until you mix it.

65' Stang

393 stroker, Toploader 4 spd, 3:50 rear.

Victor Jr. knockoff heads, 282S cam, Stealth intake, Bigs Stage 5 750DP, Accufab headers, Scattershield, Caltracs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 2/26/06 12:47am ]</font>

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check and see if your local paint supply store will lone or rent you one. Its best not to mix this stuff by hand it works better to use the nozzle provided, thats just what ive learned from experience. BTW ive used Fusor, 3m, Duramix, and U-Pol...they all take a different freaking gun, good thing the reps give us free guns when we switch over.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
On 2006-02-25 09:10, jimmife wrote:
You just can't dump this stuff out.It comes in a double tube syringe looking bottle with no syringe pump.
dude... use that imagination of yours. Ok, maybe "DUMP" it our wasnt the correct term... how about RAM it out, or push it out, or F-ck it out... either way it will work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fogged408w on 3/3/06 11:50am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.