Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question any help would reall be appreciated. Has anyone used front end panels from Mustangplus. I need a bonnet, wing and valances. Just wondering how good a fit they are for repro stuff.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I can't vouch for Mustangs Plus, but I got a fender and a door skin from CJ Pony Parts (I'm fairly sure, dad chime in if you remember otherwise), and Valances from National Parts Depot.

The doorskin was a little sub-par, but it was acceptable with some work, the fender was fine. If you have the money, go for the original tooling parts, they will be much better than the reproduction copies. The metal is a little thinner gauge than the stock pieces, but they're decent. The valances were fairly well made (actually, it was my car that was off!) and I didn't have problems with them.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I might be wrong, but I think that OEM-R means Original Equipment Manufacture - Reproduction, I think it's when old parts are reproduced using original dies and molds. I may be wrong though...but I am sure someone else here knows what it is for a fact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.