Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good site to detail autobody repair. My 68 coupe has a nice crunch in the passenger side quarter that has crunched the inner wheel well and seperated part of the lower trunk floor at the seams. I am going to attempt to o this whole repair myself and would like to try and use alot of finesse to get it back in place. If not out comes the welder and new metal. Any help would be helpful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WITHOUT THE RIGHT TOOLS OR EXPERINCE THIS WILL BE MORE THAN A MAJOR PROJECT FOR YOU TO COMPLETE. I SAY COMPLETE, FOR MOST START, PUT DON'T FINSH DUE TO THE UNKNOWNS THAT A PRO DEALS WITH DAILY. TRY TO LOCATE A LOCAL BODYMAN THAT WILL GIVE YOU DAILY ADVICE OR EVEN HELP FOR ALITTLE WEEKEND CASH. THE ODDS ARE, IF YOU DO IT ALONE YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE END RESULT............THE ROCKETMAN, A X-BODY SHOP OWNER

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
not only should you get a new quarter and wheel house but it will need to be pulled first on a frame machine . This is not for the novice and if you want to save money ,time , and the risk of injury.... take it to a shop and have it pulled BTW where are you from i have a frame machine if interested >>>> Iowa

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in Oceanside, CA and am going to begin the process next month. I am getting alot of info from body guys and will for sure make sure to get some help when i need it since it looks like I will be repalcing alot of the back end due to rust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts