Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having two problems,
first, let me tell you what I have and the application. f250 4x4 w/ c6 rebuilt tranny(rebuilt in december), fresh 460 bored 30 over, stock everything in the motor(pistons, rods, crank, cam, intake) holley 4160 4barrel, 27 shooter's (injectors from the eccel pump, not sure the proper term) with flowtech headers (not sure why I bought them, just cheap and easy i guess)
Aplication is snow plow, occasional mud run's here and there, mostly street light to light to be honest.
Problem:
1.) I get a massive bog down off idle. I originally thought it was the shooter size but I'm not sure after I went up two sizes in shooter's. the bog happen's in nuetral and in drive.
2.) I HAVE NO 2ND GEAR!! I was wondering what trouble shooting ideas ya'all might have. I have reverse, third, and first, all solid, but I'm afraid if I drive it too much, I might burn up the clutch's for third grear. I think it might be the intermitant band but not too sure.

Thanks in advanse for any ideas

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Have you checked the acc pump adjustment.If there is freeplay in the link you will get a bog.
If you have no 2nd gear (c6 i assume)there is a prob with the intermediate band or servo.Start by checking the band adjustment.Some of the intermediate servo pistons are molded rubber and can go hard with age,so could cause the prob too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
make sure all your unused vaccum ports on the carb and intake are plugged. make sure to check close on the carb, there are some at the base under the bowls that are hard to see when the carb is on the engine, and make sure the pcv port on the back is connected directly to the pcv port on the valve cover with no leaks, if its not in use, plug the pcv port on the carb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dave65FB on 3/22/02 3:12am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts