Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you guys used the best on your bolts and small parts as a final coat. Im now on my second restoration on my front end parts because everything rusted on me. I just tuble cleaned all my parts and Im afraid primer and good paint just isnt going to hold up. I heard the eastwood blacking kit doesnt hold up very well either...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Watch heating your hardware/bolts with a torch !! don't get them to hot and you can make them brittle/weak. What about Zinc or phosphate coating?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
After tumbling them, dunk them in gun bluing for a few minutes. (only for iron-steel parts)

Install them on your rig, and after final tightening spray a coat of clear polyurethane over the area.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I usually take a bag full to a plating outfit and have them either clear or gold cad plated. Not much money and the results are great. It is very durable. I have the alternator pulleys and fuel line clamps etc done at the same time. Food for thought.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
where is one of them outfits at??? Cuz I got sum nutz in a bag I'd like to dip.... For the Caddy motor... For the Caddy motor, you silly guy's...

FE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FEandGoingBroke on 3/31/06 6:38am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts