Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several books about the small block Ford V-8's becuase I like to learn about the engine in my '65 Mustang. I recently bought a book by Bob Mannel called "Mustang & Ford Small Block V-8 1962-1969" and it has to be the best written small block Ford book in existence. It is the size of a small size city phone book at 725 pages with close to 3,000 photographs. The photography is absolutely fabulous and very detailed. It covers all the small blocks 221-302 from 1962-1969. Every single system on the engines are covered with part numbers, casting numbers, descriptions and photographs. Blocks,cranks,rods,pistons,manifolds,carbs and more are covered in detail. Even something as obscure as the different throttle linkage and choke pieces are covered. If you have a small block Ford, you have to buy this book. I bought mine from Northwest Classic Falcons, but I believe that Amazon also has the book.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0966274105/701-8341944-3984311?v=glance&n=916520

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hey Cupcake, I hope your getting a "birddog" for all these recommendations!? Does he write a book about straight sixes in early Mustangs? FALCONAROUND is griping that we're all dumb over on the Classic Mustang page.

Thanks for the info. Stu

·
Registered
465 Posts
Bob is the editor for the Fairlane Club of America magazine. What's really great about him is you can email him and he will respond. No big head there. He just loves Fords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts