Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning ahead for a disc brake conversion with power.
I'm looking at how the booster will mount to the firewall. I see 2 studs the current Master cylinder mounts too. I also see 2 studs with nuts on them directly above the other 2 holding the old master. Are these (4) the ones the booster bracket attaches to or do I need to drill new holes?

Also what is a good adjustable pushrod to buy so I can use my manual pedal and get the proper pedal height?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
To clarify from the start I am not an expert on this subject by any means. I am answering because I am getting ready to do a booster myself and have done a lot of research on it, including communicating with manufacturers. Here is what I know. You won't have to drill any holes. The booster manufacturer will need to know your make, model and engine size along with a few other things. They will provide you with a bracket that matches the bolts you mentioned.

Some boosters come with two push-rods but most provide one that you can cut down to fit your application. A good quality booster will bolt right up with no trouble. Although I am tempted by the prices on e-bay I will probably be going with Leed Brakes. Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify from the start I am not an expert on this subject by any means. I am answering because I am getting ready to do a booster myself and have done a lot of research on it, including communicating with manufacturers. Here is what I know. You won't have to drill any holes. The booster manufacturer will need to know your make, model and engine size along with a few other things. They will provide you with a bracket that matches the bolts you mentioned.

Some boosters come with two push-rods but most provide one that you can cut down to fit your application. A good quality booster will bolt right up with no trouble. Although I am tempted by the prices on e-bay I will probably be going with Leed Brakes. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice. I was looking at the Wilwood Dynalite kit on Summit, but found a kit on Pirate Jacks that has everything I need for about the same price. I'm really thinking of going this route.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah Pirate Jacks is another good choice. I have looked at them myself. Good luck whichever way you go! I'd love to hear an update when you're done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The upper two holes also support the clutch and brake pedal brace assembly as do the lower two bolt holes. This video may be helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts