Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, if I didn't have my Comet, I think I'd have to have an FE powered Starliner
They ROCK!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
in all true, 510.5 hp at rear wheels 6500rpm, 475 tourqe, hey, I got to get it when I can. Also for sale is an antique coil wire, which been in my family for ........

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oh, almost forgot, im taking donations for a new c-4 , that can handle the power...i take pay-pal, money orders, at least the fluid stayed in the trans

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats Mike, first car we built with my dad was 68 Stang with a 351 C, your pics bring back memories.

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color="blue">CHILLY460, what headers did they use in that BB Mustang? I have a 460 with no home and a Mustang in need of a motor
</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1FAST67 on 3/24/02 9:05pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations, Mike! Very impressive numbers!
Not going to go like Greg and Chilly and get a PA C4 built up for ya?
Now to see (after your trans repair/replacement), if you can put even half of that HP/TQ to the ground!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would like to get a pa trans, but im in the middle of getting a cage put in, an baby due july
, so im going to try to get the good stuff to fix it, I dont think any clutches went , just one hard part. I have the hardend input shaft and power planet. The sun gear? I keep everybody update, it will be out this week end. On the power to the ground, if i do a 1/16 mile burnout and still do 10's thats ok by me.
sure look cool

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Mike, "Faster than Greg Cooks Car"
Congrats on the results. I'm just curious in that I'm not 100% sure but did you have to do any shock tower/any other mods to get that badboy to fit?? Access to all of your plugs?

"6 tons of Fun" Theres no doubt that the one on the left is the classiest/sweetest one of the bunch and my pick but....... can she go?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Polar68 on 3/25/02 12:25am ]</font>

·
Registered
809 Posts
On 2002-03-24 07:15, Greg Cook wrote:

50 HP tech tip: See that old gray coil wire off a junkyard station wagon? Replace it with a new one and pick up 50 HP and 1000 rpm!
Damn, I sure wish I had one of those grey coil wires on my motor now, I could really use 50 HP.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Polar, the shock towers are as stock as a stove, spark plugs, require to remove the valve covers.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks Mike. Just planning ahead for when something "bigger" will hopefully find a home under my hood.

Hey DT, where have you been lost the last 3-4 days?
I bet you and that sweet 66 500 XL went out for another road trip and you almost didn't turn around to go back home!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Hey Chilly460.......I'm in the market for a digital cam.......just wonderin what kind u used for these pics
.....they look pretty good. I'm leaning toward a Canon S-30 right now. Thanks......I love those cars.
LJ

·
Registered
749 Posts
wow those "old" fords that run 8's NA with FE's are unreal. The pics are way cool too.
Who's "slow" 63 is tha sitting next to the red and white car?

Mike545:

your car is awesome. Very clean engine compartment...really like that. That thing is gonna be a monster to drive.

Oh yea...where did you buy the 50 hp coil wire from

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Hey Greg Cook,

What did the Booze Bros say when you went 10.0s in the '63 with the 557 using those heads they said wouldn't let the 557 run any better than the 514 that was in it? Did you taunt them about it or did they mention anything after you got a much better ET?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love street. Basicly I can not afford to have a "race car". Dont have the time and the tracks are to far away. So a race car for us would be like the boat many people have thats sets the fading in the sun. No time...no water
Nothing like shaking the cars around you when sitting at the stop light

1 - 19 of 19 Posts