Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, I got a balancer off ebay, was an NOS piece, been collecting dust. Don't remember what I paid for it, maybe $25 or something close.
Part number specs it as:
D20E-6316-A2A E {THE "E" has a square around it}.
I don't recall, but any ideas if this would work with a 351c? Same balance as a Cleveland?
I was going to simply relist it, one of those parts that has been sitting for atleast 3 years, but if I can use on one of my 351c's, I'd keep it for a spare.
I know on my CJ balancer, it is different from the 2v balancer on the 1971 351c 2v engine in my car right now, but I can't get at it to compare the CJ and the 2v to this one.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Should work fine on a 351C, they are both 28 oz. I also agree - it's not a Boss 302 balancer.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, the note was what came with it, and I wasn't sure.
I saw the D2, and was like, that's a 1972 part number for a boss part??
My main thing was just keeping it around for a spare.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
209 Posts
FYI.... I bought a BOSS 302 damper from Ford's "Muscle Parts" program in the early 70s to use on a 351W that I was building to their "Dominator" specifications. The damper part # was C9ZZ-6310-A. The recommended oil slinger part # was C9ZZ-6310-A. They stated that the assembly must be rebalanced.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oops.. Obviously I mistyped in the previous reply. The BOSS 302 damper was part # C9ZZ-6316-B

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The Boss 302 had an internal balance weight that used the key on the crank and was housed inside the timing cover. The dampner that is in the picture is for a 351 W - it has four bolts for pulleys.
Paul

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
On 2006-10-19 19:53, PaulS1950 wrote:
The Boss 302 had an internal balance weight that used the key on the crank and was housed inside the timing cover. The dampner that is in the picture is for a 351 W - it has four bolts for pulleys.
Paul
That's the 289 hipo. I don't believe the Boss 302 had that. If so, it's news to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts