Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen for sale a 302 boss block for $700 oz dollars (around $350 american). The only catch os that it needs four new sleeves. is this a big problem or is this a good deal as i need a start point for my rice cooker engine and have read that this is an attractive staring point.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Before I considered anything I would assure myself that it is indeed a "BOSS 302" block.

My book shows C9ZE and D0ZE-A or D0ZE-B (Calls for six bolt bellhousing and four bolt mains)

Also, not info in the book but info I believe to be correct ... the block should have "screw-in" freeze plugs.

By the time you make the block serviceable you will have some big bucks in it ... be sure you know what it is before you even consider it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey-
If it is a BOSS Block, then that sounds like a good deal. The problem that I think of is not the sleves, but the lack of heads. It would take you a while to find a set of real BOSS heads. Or does the guy with the block have the heads too?
Good luck
Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesnt the boss require the usage of cleveand heads? if so then it's no problem a mate of mine's got a set that's waiting to be used for something other than dust collection.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
No, the Boss block is the same water passage wise as a normal inline valve small block would have.

Its the Boss 302 heads that have special water passeges cast from the factory to run on the 302 small block.

You can put the 351-C heads on the Boss 302 or any normal 302 just by doing a few easy mods to the 351-C heads water passeges.

Its up to you.

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock
66 Galaxie 500 390 4-V Fastback
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460
"Wanted" 66-67 Fairlane/Comet/Cyclone 2 dr.
"Wanted" 64 Fairlane Sedan for "T-Bolt" clone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/30/02 3:14am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Cleveland heads are different then Boss 302 heads. The water jacket is different on the Boss heads, but you can modify the C heads. But need a Boss 302 intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts