Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
they will physically bolt to the block fine, but you will have to come up with some sort of intake manifold as boss heads are totally different than standard 302 "windsor" heads. I'm sure others will add more information as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it doesnt matter if they will fit. no matter what you do, your car will be slow and will probably break down cause its a ford. fords suck and they are slow. might as well put your lawn mower engine in your car and call it "ford muscle" cause my riding lawn mower can beat any ford.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bet the last guy has a wanna-be fast, "RICE", car just loaded with fast stickers and a mongo wing. Anyone want to take my bet? The heads will fit but, like was said previously, the intake will have to be a Boss intake and the pistons will need to be changed also. Then the exhaust will need to be changed too. For the money, look into aluminium heads. Better all around heads and cheaper in the long run. Maybe the last guy just has a really fast lawn mower. I bet it is loaded with stickers too, and a wing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think I've seen him in the mower races, he was on the "Lawn Boy"

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys, dont be knocking on my lawn mower. i just put my new exhaust on it. it compliments my intake very well. and no, i dont have a "rice burner." it runs off of saki which is made from rice so its a little faster.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
speaking of lawnmowers...off subject...but here goes
I bought a john deere gt275, engine was trash (originally a ricer engine anyway..no wonder). I think I'm gonna put an old 302 on it, just for kicks. Gotta rig some sort of trans and rear for it, but I think it'd be cool.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The heads will bolt on but you will have to go to a machine shop to get the water jackets to line up. As for intakes..There are a couple of comapnies that make/made them but I can't remember off the top if my head.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just curious on why you would go this route? Seems that most aftermarket heads for Windsor engine will outperform the Boss heads, no? Then you don't have to worry about the intake manifold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts